POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Modelling in Wings : Modelling in Wings Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:16:29 EDT (-0400)
  Modelling in Wings
From: Michael Raiford
Date: 17 Jul 2004 12:13:49
Message: <40f9503d@news.povray.org>
hehe...

This is my first attempt at doing mesh-based models. The picture is a
capture of my wings interface. I'm modelling the skull of a cow, and so
far I think I'm doing okay.

Any advice to a Wings newbie so I don't wind up screwing up my model?

I've decided to take the approach of modelling to the line of symetry,
then when I have the model sufficiently completed, mirroring along the
axis and joining the two halves. It took me a while to figure out how to
cut the eye-hole, but I eventually figured it out. There's still a lot
of refinement needed, but this is just the first rough stages of the model.

I have to say, Wings is very cool and easy to use. And... best of all,
FREE! Hehehe..

Yes -- This is for my IRTC entry, btw...

I'm a bit excited about creating a mesh!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'modelling.jpg' (100 KB)

Preview of image 'modelling.jpg'